We know you have all been patiently waiting to hear the details about this pending season, and we want to thank you for that first and foremost.
The board and captains have been working tirelessly to determine the future of this 2014 NCFHA season. As you all are aware, we had an incredibly difficult time finding a location to host games this season. The board and the captains have discussed the situation at hand and have concluded that ending the season at this point is in the best interest of our league and players. In exchange for this shortened season the league is prepared to do the following:
1. Offer full-time and half-time players a 50% refund of paid league dues for this season
2. Host 2 pick-up days for NCFHA players
3. Host an end-of-season tournament for all NCFHA players
We expect you all will have some questions about these decisions, so we have put together an FAQ of sorts to try to answer some of those inquires in advance.
• A refunded check or PayPal credit of $62.50 will be reimbursed to you based on the method you used to pay league dues unless you notify us otherwise.
• Info about the two pick-up days:
Berkeley High School – Sunday, November 16th from 1-3pm
Stanford – Sunday, November 23rd from 1-3pm
• The end-of-season, NCFHA only tournament will likely be held in early December at Stanford. This tournament will be played within your respective league teams but modified to 7v7 or 8v8 style, with umpires and a trainer. As soon as we solidify the date and time with Stanford, we will let you know so you can save the date and begin corresponding availability with your captains.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of how we arrived at the 50% refund figure:
In a regular season:
16 league games
+ ~2 playoff games
6 league games
+ 1 game (equivalent of one pick-up day at Homestead HS, one pick-up day at Berkeley HS, one pick-up day at Stanford)
+ 2 games (equivalent of one end-of-season tournament)
= 9 games or approximately half of a regular season
Cost of a regular season is $125
Cost of this season is $62.50
If you have questions regarding anything in this email please direct them to email@example.com (Make sure to include your name and which NCFHA team you are on so we can streamline our communication.)
We appreciate your support and understanding through this season’s difficulties. We are truly trying to make the best decisions for the league and give you all the most playing opportunities.
We look forward to seeing you on the field this weekend for pick-up at Berkeley HS!