NCFHA Board and Captains Meeting
In attendance: Margie, Bonnie, Jasmine, Christine, Peggy, Jenna, Sam, Meredith, Kendra, and Kelly
Field issues and options were discussed in depth.While the Board still considers Stanford the first choice for field space, newly imposed restrictions on field usage at Stanford may mean that Stanford would be unavailable to the league. Therefore, while simultaneously working to find ways to use the Stanford field, the Board will investigate other options. A sub-committee will be formed to investigate different options for next year. The committee will consider location, surface, availability/scheduling, and cost in investigating potential options. They will reach out to the league for input once options are understood further.
2. Spring playing
- We would like to hold open spring practices. The specifics of location, cost, time, coach etc. still need to be worked through.
- We are investigating a competitive spring league with outside clubs
3. Budget update
The budget was healthy this year. Revenue exceeded expenses for the first time in three years.
4. Lessons learned and miscellaneous
- Communication of dues and what drives the amount needs to be improved
- How can we ensure we have good referee coverage for next year
- We need a formal process to determine if and how fees are reduced for players who cannot afford dues
- Investigate a reduced league fee for “young alumni” (high school or college)
- Wouldn’t it be cool if we had a Masters (40+) league