2016 New Player Day
New Player Day (NPD) has finally been booked, sorry for the very late notice! We will hold NPD next Sunday, September 18th at Foothill College!
The game(s) will begin promptly at 1 PM, but we require new players to arrive between 12 and 12:30 PM so that we may check you in, give you your number, and collect/confirm your NCFHA number. Below I have listed the address for the school, we will be playing in Foothill’s football field. The entrance to the field is the first right after you enter the campus from El Monte road. Payment for the league must be made prior to NPD. (http://ncfha.org/membership/dues/payment/).
Location – Foothill College: 12345 El Monte Rd, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
Remember to wear shin guards and a mouth guard. Please also wear or bring both a white shirt and a black/dark shirt. Most importantly, don’t forget your stick!
Below is a more detailed breakdown of the day:
12 – 12:30PM ~ New Players should arrive with a copy of their USFHA card or number if they have not already provided it and check in at the sign in table to receive your number and find out what team you will be scrimmaging on. New Players should also use this time to warm-up/practice after checking in.
12:35 – 12:50 PM ~ Players are introduced to captains and board and given last minute instructions.
1 PM ~ Scrimmage(s) begin.
2 PM ~ Scrimmage(s) end. New Players will be informed of any further notices and then can go home.
Please email the New Player Chair firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- You plan to attend New Player Day
- You do not plan to attend New Player Day, but would still like to play in the league (we will have to make arrangements for ranking and drafting and you may not be able to be placed onto a team until after the first week of games that you can play). Please make your best effort to attend NPD if you can to avoid delays in team placement.
- You are no longer interested in playing in NCFHA
If we DO NOT receive a message from you prior to Sunday, we will assume you will be at the NPD scrimmage.
A few more key notes:
- A USFHA membership (valid through Dec 2016) is required to participate in the league. If you don’t already have your membership, you can get it (or renew it) at usfieldhockey.com(click on Membership). A USFHA membership is required to participate in league play.
- League fees are TBD. We will be sending out a follow up email closer to NPD once we get this number finalized. Please pay online via PayPal prior to attending NPD! http://ncfha.org/membership/dues/payment/. Payment is for 5 weeks of regular season round robin play and 2 weeks of playoffs. During the 5 weeks of regular season, each team will have 3 weeks with 2 games and 2 weeks with 1 game.and at least 2 playoff games, field turf rental, officials and on site trainer. Note: Paypal payments will have an additional fee to cover the costs for this service.
-If you can’t figure out PayPal or do not have a credit card, you can bring a check to NPD.
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions about joining our league, New Player Day, or any other questions, please contact:
Suraj Sharma, email@example.com