Welcome Team NCFHA,
We are excited to start the 2013 season. Thanks to everyone for their patience as we worked out the logistics of the new field at Stanford. All games will be at Stanford this year!! The facility is great and we are able to play on a wet turf throughout the season. The league will be eight teams will run from Sept.15 until Dec. 8.
Please take the time to read the notes below. There are many updates and formalities that we want to communicate. We are formalizing our league registration requirements and reducing the amount of paper transactions, which I think will be appreciated by all.
I want to send a special welcome to the many new players in the league this year. Welcome to the league and I look forward to meeting you on Sunday.
We have our annual league meeting at 12:15 on Sunday to kick off the season and send a special invitation to everyone to listen in.
- 2013 Schedule is now online >>
- The league will be fielding 8 teams this year. The Coyotes and Ishis have merged under the Ishis.
- All current members need to update their contact information.
- Just a reminder for all players to be aware of NCFHA rules and regulations:
- Dues for 2013 are $115 for NCFHA. You will need to pay NCFHA dues by September 22. NO PAY, NO PLAY! Any dues received after September 22 will be accessed a $10 late fee. Payment can be made via PayPal. Dues info >>
- All players MUST have their USA Field Hockey membership current through December 2013. Join/renew your USA Field Hockey membership online >>.
- Anyone interested in umpiring or learning to umpire, please email email@example.com
We are fortunate to be able to use the new Stanford Field Hockey Complex as our home venue. We are required to water the turf throughout the day so the teams finishing before the water time, please move the goal cages back as the guns pop up near the end line. The teams playing after the watering will need to move the cages back into place.
PLEASE KEEP THE TURF CLEAN! Pick up after you leave even if it’s not your trash.
Anyone interested in serving in our league, please contact Susan Wood firstname.lastname@example.org
The following positions are up for election and in office on January 1, 2014: Secretary, Vice President and President.
Fall 2013 Session @ Stanford
Sept 11, 18, 25. Oct 2, 9, 16, 23, 30. Nov 6, 13, 20
6:30-8pm at Stanford.
FEES: Free for NCFHA members if you paid your dues Fall 2013.
Non – members: Pay per session: $15. Student: $7.
BAY AREA YOUTH PROGRAM
NCFHA is offering a co-ed youth field hockey program in September and October 2013 for boys and girls ages 5 to 13. The aim of this program is to promote this great outdoor team sport by teaching kids basic field hockey skills in a fun and safe environment. Kids will be divided by size, age and ability, and they will be coached by an enthusiastic group of players with many years of field hockey experience. All levels of players are encouraged to come and have fun. If you are interested in coaching, please contact Leaf email@example.com
More information and to register >>